Tuesday 21 June 2016

Shadows of your past

So it has been one and a half months since I left my previous company, and I do, in part, miss the working atmosphere we had in what we called our "fish bowl". Yes, it was a large corporate company, but our department was made up of 14 ambitious and driven people. We were the loudest and noisiest team in the building and everyone knew we were the ones always willing to go the extra mile.

What I have realized, is just how much that company had become a part of me and the people there became my friends and not just colleagues. Truly, I miss my team and the nonsense we could get up to, but the stressful environment and not being able to work from home, sitting in an office for 15 hours a day, is what I do not miss...

The friends I made will always be missed and for every weekend I receive messages and notes of how I am missed and I know am still somewhat a part of their lives, makes me understand that I want to build that in our company (Groove Inc. Productions), to have driven ambitious people like we are and we want them to be friends/extended family as I am with my previous company's people. After-all, we spend more time with the people we work with than we do our own families, so your "family" needs to grow within your work environment.



Candice Davies

Groove Inc. Productions
 

No comments:

Post a Comment