Thursday 9 June 2016

Emotions of Starting a new business

So, one month into starting a new business from scratch, I got a true taste of what is actually involved.

I forgot to remember the one lesson every person starting a new business must remember: We are HUMAN

I have pushing every angle of advertising, digital and otherwise for a month and today was the day my heart felt it.
After a long day of hearing "no thanks" and "I do not have money at this time", I headed home feeling rather despondent.  

Then the final straw, I managed in my usual clumsy way to smack myself in the face with my lunch box...? And then tears started!
After some time feeling sorry for myself, Martin (my calmer half), explained that I knew what I was getting myself into and not let it get me down and continue to push forward. Yes, he was right, I knew it was going to be hard work and determination.

So, please, to all out there starting a business, struggling to get going, feel free to cry - it helps! :) 
But more important, hang in there, tomorrow is a new day and you can start the journey again.

No comments:

Post a Comment